Thursday, September 16, 2010

is it possible to transfer into an ivy league school for your last year of studies


is it possible to transfer into an ivy league school for your last year of studies?
Hi, I'm currently finishing my first semester in university, I've gone from barely scraping through high school to being a straight A university student. I'm confident I can keep a gpa of 4.0, and extremely confident about the interviews concerning ivy league schools. But next year I was planning to do an exchange with a school in Australia rather than transfer into an ivy league school. I was wondering if it's possible for me to transfer into say Harvard, or any other ivy league school for that part for the last year of my bachelor's program? or do they require you to complete all four years at that ivy league school?
Higher Education (University +) - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
most top tier schools require at least 2 years there. They will also give preference to freshman. If this is what you want to do, apply to transfer as early as possible. There is no reason why you can't do a study abroad program in australia at an ivy league school as well.
2 :
No. Most universities require you to earn at least 1/2 of your credits with them in order to grant you a degree. Though you could make it any two of the 4 years.
Read more discussion :