Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Boarding school grief


Boarding school grief?
I'm gay. I've known for quite a few years, but I haven't told anyone and I'm not sure when I'm going to. I don't act in a way that would make people think I'm gay; only really close people might begin to suspect. Or thats what I think, anyway lol. This year I moved into boarding school at an all boys school in Australia and made a load of great new friends, namely my first roommate, who is now my best friend. We hang out together all the time, constantly in each other's rooms and watching movies together all day. He doesn't know that I'm gay (nobody does), and my problem is that I think I'm in love with him. Or just a realy strong crush sorta thing. No idea. I really think that I should come out to him, but I'm not sure if I should or how he'll take it. I trust him, but I'm not sure if, after only a year of knowing each other, I should tell him. I'm 15, he's 16, and he's definately straight. I hate having to dodge questions and subjects to cover up what I can't change. What do I do?
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgendered - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
If you feel that he will be accepting of you then you should tell him, but don't if you think he may turn on you or out you to the whole school or something equally as ghastly. However if you simply can't live without telling him then you should try.
2 :
Ignore that first answerer, and keep this in mind. Whether it is hetrosexual or homosexual, relationships ruin friendships. Although I'm straight, and wouldn't really know how to come out, you should tell your friend you are gay, but don't tell him that you love him. A best friend is never worth losing.
3 :
Only you can feel out this situation. You may have a crush on him or you may feel a connection to him but is it enough to take the risk? This guy may be willing to experiment with you if he did not know that you are gay. You may have a better chance if you just called this an experiment rather than coming out.Be prepared to date a girl that he sets you up with if he dose anything with you. He may want to return the favor if he dose anything with you.Good luck.
4 :
If you've known him for this long, get into a discussion that includes a gay topic. See how he reacts. Let him know you want to share some personal info with because you trust him. Ask him if he is ok keeping your personal business business personal. You can let him know that if it bothers him, you will change rooms. Try to be real positive. Contact the gay center, the gay hot line and pflag.org and ask for some support. Life is short -- be happy.
5 :
awwww <33333 oh, and all boys school eh? ;) aha! well I don't know, he seems like a nice guy, but bring it up like just beat around the bush (..well, not *literally* ^_^) but say something like "my friend just came out to me over the phone" or something, and maybe pretend that it bothers you or something, idk. but see how he reacts. say, "i don't know what to say to him...what would you say?" and if he's all cool with it then he's all cool with you. ^-^ now you also have a crush on him, that's a bit different, get drunk with him sometime (it's easier to say things when drunk and he might take it easier, i'm talking about if you decide to tell him how you feel about him..) good luck!
6 :
An article that may interest you... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gakuen_Heaven
Read more discussion :