Friday, November 16, 2012

What are some Medicine Schools in Australia


What are some Medicine Schools in Australia?
Im a year 10 Student Currently doing my subject selection forms. I really wish to pursue a career in Pediatric Surgery. As you can tell i'm probably going to take 4 units of science and the standard or requirement of 2 units of english. Math isn't really one of my strong suits however Im willing to work hard. Im not going to take math as a subject for year 11 and 12 but i'm basically wondering What schools offer a Degree in Medicine. I looked at University of Wollongong and their ATAR Cut off would be 83. I want to go to University of Western Sydney however they have an ATAR cut off at 93. If I don't get that ATAR I wont be able to go to that University. Im basically asking if theres any other Medicine Schools who have some lower ATAR Cut offs in Australia. I just want some backup Universities in case I don't meet their ATAR Requirements as Medicine is the thing I want to do with my life. Im not fussy with location and more than willing to move after my HSC Any help you could give Would be greatly Appreciated. E-mail me at Georgtamm@hotmail.com if you need more info thank you :D
Higher Education (University +) - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Wollongong has the lowest ATAR score for medicine in the country - so if you do not get into that university you will not get into any. If you are not doing maths then you will unlikely pass the interview as this is a pre-req subject for many of the university medicine programs.
Read more discussion :