Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I'm in a school debate, con side of "Portuguese discovered Australia" - Point suggestions


I'm in a school debate, con side of "Portuguese discovered Australia" - Point suggestions?
I don't really know much about it, and it makes it a little difficult when I've grown up believe more that the Portuguese did discover it >_<
Primary & Secondary Education - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I live in Australia. England discovered Australia.
2 :
the Portguese may have mapped Australia but it was by far the Dutch who can claim to have been the first European to discover and land there during the 17th century, with the below hyperlink confirming this. However i havejust discovered this hyperlink also, laying out arguements which you may find useful regarding the Portguese discovery of the continent. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_Portuguese_discovery_of_Australia
Read more discussion :