Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Will my American degree be valid in Australia


Will my American degree be valid in Australia?
I am majoring in Family Social Sciences at the University of Minnesota, but am near getting engaged to a man living in Australia. Will my degree be valid in Australia should i finish school in the US?
Studying Abroad - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Depends what you wish to do with it. If you are applying for a job where the pre-req is ANY degree, then yes. To get a job in Social work - not a chance - you need an Australian degree for this.
2 :
I don't see why it wouldn't. Assuming that you are doing a bachelors, an American bachelors is at least 4 years long. In Australia they are only 2-3 years in duration and require a lot less coursework. So your degree is much better in that sense.
Read more discussion :