Friday, July 16, 2010

School/Educational Laws, help


School/Educational Laws, help?
Hi, I was wondering if it is possible/impossible for a private/public school in Australia to dictate what subjects students can enter, and what they can't enter. For example, Can a school that has well over enough seats for Economics, eject students from classes when he/she hasn't even entered, by assuming/judging their future progress in the class ? - "I don't think you'll do well in Economics, so you can't do Economics." (In short) - This isn't me, but I have a problem which looms around the same question. Addition : If you're studying/studied law, and know any acts or regulations in which my situation complies in please tell me :D Thank you, Andrew EDIT : At Below, That is exactly what I wanted to hear and know Thank you, you saved me a lot of research time and in addition to that, my behind. Cheers.
Law & Legal - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
In Australia, private/public schools cannot dictate what subjects students enter into, no matter how bad or good their grades are or future progress may be in that particular class. However, there may be certain pre-requisites that need to be met if a student were to enter in to a high-achieving subject. For example, a year 11 Maths B student may be able to enter into year 12 Maths C, while a year 11 Maths A student may not. However, schools can delete subjects if not enough students have elected to enter into their class - i.e. a Home Economics class may be canceled because only three students elected it from a particular grade. There are not any acts or regulations which really relate to this subject matter.
Read more discussion :