Thursday, April 1, 2010

I would like to move to australia


I would like to move to australia?
I will be graduating next year with a degree in Health promotion and probably a 4.0 gpa. Although I have never visited Australia, I have been doing some research and would like to try to move there. I am very adventurous and would literally move anywhere. What I need to know is, as a new graduate, how to go about finding a job, how much money I need to save up, cost of living, which cities are the best to move to, would I be able to attend graduate school in Australia or anything else that would be of help. Thank you! I live in arizona and attend arizona state university. Health promotion is a fairly new program. Its based on preventative health. It involves nutrition, exercise, and pyschology as well as all of the science classes. With my degree I could attend a pharmacy, physical therapy school or go into public health. What if i came and worked in the hospitality industry for a couple years first? I have been doing this for years already. But i guess pretty much what you're saying is i'm not good enough for australia to let me come there? I have to be a doctor or I wont be accepted? pretty much?
Other - Australia - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
As a new graduate you are not eligible to migrate to Australia regardless of your profession. You need to have a number of years experience working in your own country first before you can apply and then only if you have qualifications and experience in one of the professions in need. Unless this "Health promotion" course is a nursing, dental, radiography or doctor profession its unlikely that even with experience you will be eligible to migrate. Attending graduate school in Australia will only help if that course leads to one of the above health professions.
2 :
you are one of ,millions who would wish to live in australia, and understandably so, it is a clean, modern progressive country, - very stable and arguably the best place in the world to live. we accept around 200,000 immigrants every year, mostly professional people , but not always so. any city in australia is highly rated internationally, but melbourne victoria is the most popular and a very fine city. number one in the world recently rated. i dont understand your position as health promotion, and its a pity you omitted to advise where you now live,- it can make a difference. you can attend graduate school in australia, but until you are a permanent resident you would need to work and pay for your studies. advise your country of origin, and describe your occupation to be, better, for further advice . rex boorooban@hotmail.com
3 :
a degree in medicine would help. or you could marry an australian
4 :
Before you make such a huge decision such as emigrating why not come for a visit. We have student working visas so you could work your way around the country and then decide. Be aware that we also have the deadliest spiders and snakes not to mention drop bears, so there is a lot to take into account. You would also have to learn the language and have travel insurance. Cheers Cobber
Read more discussion :