Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I'm so sick and tired of school and work!


I'm so sick and tired of school and work!?
I'm in year 11 at school in Australia and I have a part time job. Last year in year 10 I had no problem balancing both, but now the manager has gone away and the owner's daughter is running the shop and instead of 12hrs a week she's giving me 20! I can't cope, I'm falling behind and I'm really tired. I need help and before you say ask for less hours, i've already tried and she can't add up so instead of giving me 12 this week she gave me 15! Please give me some advice if you have any, i told her last week b4 she did the roster that im 2 tired to work and go to skool and that im falling behind and she said yea u will only have 12hrs next week so i believed her. today i walk in b4 work 2 check the roster and im working 15hrs which is only 1 extra shift, but i could be revising or doing homework rather than working! what do u mean anotha job? i already have 1 job, i dont want 2! i like this job coz it's just up the street from my house so I don't have to pay 4 travel. Also I've already worked in fast food (Red Rooster) and I hated it! I like my job so I don't want to quit I just wanted tips on how 2 manage both skool and work. I need a job coz I go 2 a private skool and my parents need me to work coz they don't have enough money to give me for going out, food (tuckshop), and all the other stuff I want like mobile fone credit, makeup clothes etc, as well as paying 4 private skool
Primary & Secondary Education - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You know ur education should be ur priority. u tell her that u cant do this extra hours because of school work. and she should understand.
2 :
I work full time and attend college. It's rough, I get burned out every now and then. But I just keep plugging along, because I know in the long run it will pay off. Sorry no real good advice, but I will pray for you. It can't hurt.
3 :
can you get another job that won't need so many hours?
4 :
Quit this job and get another job like McDonald's.
5 :
Do you need to be working yet ? if not why dont you try finding a job that your happy with. Because i know i would get stressed to if i was in your position.
6 :
I would tell her that you are going to have to quit if she cannot give you just 12 hours. Likely, she will reduce it to twelve hours, but if she doesn't even take that seriously, you can quit and get a job that better fits your hours.
Read more discussion :