Sunday, January 16, 2011

What's the best university and course to take if you want to be a high school teacher in NSW Australia


What's the best university and course to take if you want to be a high school teacher in NSW Australia?
I'm in year 12 at the moment, and I want to be a high school teacher when I leave school. Which university is the best to go to, and what are the best courses to do? I want to teach in the HSIE area; geography and society and culture. Also, even if i have never done business studies before in high school, would I be able to take that as a subject in uni so that I could teach that as well. Also, if i majored in Sociology, would that allow me to get a job in social working while I wait a while to be become a teacher??
Teaching - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
There are two ways to be a teacher - get a BA and then a Dip Ed - or a BEd with a major in two subjects. To be a social worker you need a Bachelor of Social work and an internship - sociology is not Social work - its study of different societys
Read more discussion :