Saturday, November 24, 2012

Jeet Kune Do schools in Australia, Sydney, Eastern Suburbs or CBD


Jeet Kune Do schools in Australia, Sydney, Eastern Suburbs or CBD?
Are there any instructors or schools for Jeet Kune Do in Australia. AND don't tell me to google it, cos I have, but I realized that sometimes places teach Jeet Kune Do but don't specialize. So they don't advertise it. Are there any places to learn jeet kune do in the eastern suburbs or CBD area? I live in Bellevue hill so anywhere less than 25 minutes away from there is fine. Hey guys, some good answers so far. I did do Wing Chun for a while, but I didn't really like it. It just wasn't me. I'm kinda on hiatus, from MA, but I have had experience in Wing Chun, Kyokushin Karate, Muay Thai and Wrestling. I'm starting up a bit of TKD in a couple of weeks with my friend. Hmmm... What do you guys think about Tommy Carruthers Online Club? I mean obviously its not as good as the real thing, but it really is the closest thing I can find.
Martial Arts - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I was going to recommend you to visit the Jeet Kune Do - Australian Jeet Kune Do Association website --> www.jkd.com.au/Jeet_Kune_Do.htm, but none are really close to you. I've visited a few places, but the styles incorporated varies from place to place depending on the instructor. It might be a good idea to find the styles that only you want to do, take the best from them and incorporate them into your own style. Look at the founder of the concept of JKD - Bruce Lee. He did about 4 years of Wing Chun, and when he went to the US he learnt a bit of Judo, Wrestling, TKD, Boxing, Fencing etc.. No JKD place in Australia does exactly this.. Bruce did it because he thought it was necessary for himself. Now if you went to Smithfield JKD for example, they mostly do Kickboxing and Silat. Thats why i recommend you to pick and incorporate all the styles 'you' prefer, rather than have someone teach you bits you may not be deeply interested in. Oh BTW nice area you live in!
2 :
take wing chun from Jim Fung, then let him tell you about jkd after you've done two years of wing chun
Read more discussion :