Thursday, June 16, 2011

I want to become an oncologist. Does anyone know what courses I have to undertake to become one.


I want to become an oncologist. Does anyone know what courses I have to undertake to become one.?
I'm currently in high school in Australia. and I have my mind set on becoming an oncologist. Does anyone know what courses I have to undertake to become one. What universities in Victoria (australia) offer those courses and how long will it take.
Higher Education (University +) - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
an oncologist is a DR. so you have to go to medical school and specialize in oncology. it takes a LONG LONG time. but good luck
2 :
As the person mentioned, you need to first go to Medical School and become a qualified Doctor. Oncology is a further specialization that you can do only after finishing Medical School. Check the link below for what it takes to be an oncologist.
3 :
Bachelor of Medicine (6 years) intern year, 3-5 years as an RMO in a hospital and then get accepted to a Residency program which will be 3-4 years.
Read more discussion :