Tuesday, June 16, 2009

How does the public education school system work in Australia


How does the public education school system work in Australia?
Let's pretend for a moment: Yay, I'm finally old enough to go to school! How old am I? What grade am I entering? I'm moving right along and passing every year. What levels am I going through? [elementary, middle, high school?] What standardized tests am I taking? I'm thinking maybe I don't want to go to school anymore. What age or grade level am I required to reach by law? I've decided that I'll finish school after all. When do I apply to university? What's university like? Basically, how is school set up? And is it uniform throughout the country?
Other - Education - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
G'day, The beginning is pretty much the same for every states: Some start at 3yrs old with 3yrs-kindergarten, then 4yrs-kindergarten but kindy is not compulsory. 5yrs is Prep From 6yrs old it is Primary School, from Year 1 - Year 6 Then Middle School, from Year 7 - Year 9 Then High/Senior School, from Year 10 - Year 12 At the end of Year 12, every state has different High School exams that will determine the students' eligibility to enter the university & study of their choice. For example; University A has higher entry req. for medicine study than drama study. Another example; entry requirement for drama study is higher in University A than University B. You can stop school anytime, no minimum exit point. Hope this helps. Good luck...
Read more discussion :