Wednesday, November 24, 2010

First day of school Poll Uniforms or not


First day of school Poll Uniforms or not?
I see a lot of people posting questions about what to wear on the first day of school. In australia we wear uniforms, so theres no competition about what clothes who's got on, everyone is equal, in that respect, so theres no presure on parents to, try to keep up with the jones's type mentality they yall got going in the US. Do you think uniforms would be a better option? I personally like uniforms, then you dont have to have a huge wardrobe, that ur going to grow out of anyway, and you dont have to worry about what your going to wear, seems like it would solve a lot of issues among teens in the US. The other thing is, i've never dated a girl becos she had better clothes on then another, I choose by personality first and azz second body curves third and face last, clothes dont even vector into the equation. Food for thought
Fashion & Accessories - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
No uniforms. When you get to wear your own clothes, you express your individuality, and that's always good.
2 :
DEFINITELY. Especially coming from a girls' perspective, girls are always competing over being the best dressed or looking better than someone else. plus it puts extra stress on how we look, not to mention makeup and hair. I wish we had uniforms in public schools because it would save time and stress
3 :
I agree! Uniforms are better. I've been to private school all my life... It's so much easier with uniform. I don't have to panic about what to wear everyday, or if I already wore the same things already or something.
4 :
I go to school in Canada and I don't wear a uniform. I know that all the private schools in my area require uniforms though. I guess the good thing about uniforms would be that I wouldn't spend that much time deciding what to wear. Also, you're right about the whole competition thing. Some uniforms are kind of cute too. That might just be me. I like wearing my own clothes because I got to create my own individual style and learn how to shop for clothes that are right for me and all that.. Its fun dressing up. Personally, I'd be up for uniforms if we had to get them. But life without them is cool too.
5 :
Thats great that youre all into uniforms and understand how they can be more convenient than free dress. But just so you know, there are private schools here in the US that require the kids to wear uniforms. I went to a private school for 9 years and had to wear a uniform and i dont think i complained all that much about it. However when i went to high school i switched to a public school, so i didnt have to wear a uniform anymore. I love it and i dont really think theres any "competition." People just wear what they like and what they feel comfortable in. So i personally dont think that uniforms would be a better option.
Read more discussion :